Please note - The cost of this event is £50+VAT per person unless free training has been agreed under a Service Level Agreement. If you are eligible for free training, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to register.
What's it about?
Investigations and disciplinary proceedings can be complex and tricky to navigate when key issues of safeguarding arise. The need to balance employment aspects with regulatory requirements is key. Our team will provide delegates with the right tools to manage that balance in this half-day seminar, using interactive case studies and worked examples.
Why should you attend?
This seminar will be invaluable to all HR professionals in education and employment fields.
Topics will include;
- Investigating into a safeguarding/abuse complaint;
- Understanding the role of third parties such as commissioners, safeguarding officers, CQC and the police;
- Instigating disciplinary proceedings;
- Managing regulatory and employment issues side by side;
- Identifying unseen issues;
- Overview of recent legal changes and case law; to include an update on the Mencap sleep-in Supreme Court judgement and the new legislation in force from April 2020.
A light breakfast will be provided
- 09:30 Registration and networking for a 10:00 start
- Key aspects of conducting an investigation
- Regulatory considerations to an investigation
- 10:30 Investigation case study
- 10:45 The disciplinary procedure
- Regulatory issues and disciplinary procedure
Introduction to disciplinary case study
- 11:15 Coffee break
- 11:45 Disciplinary case study
- 12:00 Update of recent employment issues
- 12:45 Q&A, summary and closing remarks
Please be aware that places for this seminar are limited. Our clients get priority over non-clients, but we will endeavour to increase capacity where we can to allow all those who wish to attend a place. Where we are heavily oversubscribed, we will limit places to one or two people per organisation, in which case you may be asked to liaise with your team. Should we have to do any of the above, we will be in touch with you at least two weeks before the event date.
Can I invite my colleagues to this event? Feel free to forward an invitation to any of your colleagues you believe can benefit from attending.
I want to attend but can't make the date/s. Will you repeat this?
Even though we may not repeat this specific seminar, we hold lots of other events that may be of relevance to you, so please email email@example.com with your chosen areas of interest.
If you wish to cancel your place on this event the following provisions apply:
Your place may be transferred to another person free of charge, as long as you let us know as soon as possible and at least 48 hours before the event. You will need to provide us with contact details for the substitute person so that we can send them booking and venue details.
If you cancel your place on the training without transferring it to another person, the following provisions will apply:
If you cancel within 7 days of booking, you will receive a 100% refund.
If you cancel more than 4 weeks before the training day, you will receive a 75% refund.
If you cancel your place from 2-4 weeks before the training day, you will receive a 50% refund.
If you cancel your place from 72 hours to 14 days before the training day, you will receive a 25% refund. If you cancel your place within 72 hours of the training day, you will receive no refund.
When payment has been made by debit/credit card, the relevant amount will be refunded to your card.'
To receive invitations to our events, as well as information and articles on legal issues and sector developments that are of interest to you, please sign up to Newsroom.